Wednesday, April 6, 2016

More Flowers and Bass

On Sunday I was able to get down to the river and catch a few more Smallies. The weather has been weird here lately - after a somewhat warm winter, the spring has actually been pretty cold. While the warmer winter seems to have gotten the bass active a little earlier than usual, they are only really biting on warmer days, so I've had to pick my days wisely.


Luckily Sunday was one such warm day, so I decided to give it a shot. I first checked on the flowers I saw the last time I was here. They were still there, only now instead of one flower there were clumps of popping up everywhere. Even though it hasn't been as cold this winter, it's still a relief to see things popping up.


After checking on the flowers I went down to my usual spot where the storm drain enters. I made a cast to the moving water, let it sink, and like clockwork felt a tug on the other end. I forgot how fun it is to catch something that really fights.


I moved to a different spot and began casting out into the main current. At one point my line stopped and I thoguht I had a snag, but when I pulled up I found a fish on the other end. This one was a bit smaller, so I let it go without a picture.

I didn't get any more bites after that, but the two fish I caught were a nice change of pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment