Thursday, April 2, 2015

More Dry Fly Fishing

I got out Tuesday morning for a couple of hours.

Foggy Morning

It was foggy when I started on the Lower Kinni and had several strikes and one hookup on a beadhead copper john. The fog soon burned off and the fishing slowed down, so I headed to a small stream.

Still haven't gotten used to catching trout in the middle of a corn field...

There was a good midge hatch coming off, but I managed to spook all of the rising fish I saw. Not wanting to leave empty handed, I carried on. I reached a nice plunge pool with some fast moving water in the tail-out. This is the kind of water I love. The rippled surface prevents the fish from seeing you and the fast currents mean they have little time to scrutinize your fly.

I made a cast into the middle of the pool and my fly was greeted nearly immediately by a large splash. I set the hook and the fight was on. The brown put up a good fight, but I wasn't going to let this one go.

This brown had some meat on his bones 
He was the only fish of the day, but it felt good to end the outing on a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment