Monday, March 23, 2015

March Part II




I went back to the same stream on Saturday in hopes of redeeming myself after being skunked on Tuesday. Despite similar water temperatures and lower flows than Tuesday, I was skunked once again. I took advantage of the lull in fishing to get some pictures of the stream and its surroundings. 

A little color in an otherwise white landscape

The stream flows through a steep-sided ravine wooded with hemlock and beech. The steep walls block all sounds but those of the gently flowing water and the occasional deer moving through the underbrush. This ravine is wild home for wild trout in the middle of heavily developed eastern Massachusetts - hopefully it will remain this way far into the future.

A panorama of the ravine
I'll be fishing in the Driftless tomorrow - hopefully I'll have a report with pics of my first trout of March.

The road out

1 comment: