Thursday, August 20, 2015

King of the Stream

Yesterday I got out to a favorite small stream for a couple of hours in the morning. This stream is always small, averaging about 3-4 cubic feet per second, but yesterday it was particularly low. The section of fishable water is short, maybe a half mile, but its home to both brown and brook trout.

I caught only one fish yesterday, but what the outing lacked in quantity, it made up in quality. About halfway through the trip I cast my Ausable Wulff into a still pool behind a fallen log. My fly landed just behind the log and began to drift. The next thing I knew, the silence of the stream was broken by an explosive splash. I set the hook and soon had this beautiful brown at hand.


At about 12", this was the largest trout I've caught in this stream. Catching it was a great way to end my last outing of the summer to this stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment