Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Beautiful Weekend in Wisconsin

driftless wisconsin rock outcropping trout fly fishing

The weather this weekend was gorgeous here - sunny with a high in the low 70s both days. I took advantage and did some fishing out in the Driftless. The fishing seems to have slowed down bit. It's been colder at night, so it might have been wiser to fish in the afternoons rather than the morning.

driftless wisconsin brown trout fly fishing

driftless wisconsin brown trout fly fishing

I found a couple of fish though, so I was happy with the fishing, and I found a lot of cool scenery, including some rock outcroppings that wouldn't look out of place in the Whites.



Wisconsin driftless wild brook trout fishing

The leaves are just starting to change. I'm excited to see what this area looks like in a few weeks when the colors are at their peak

No comments:

Post a Comment