Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lake Michigan


I spent the last week visiting my girlfriend at her college near Chicago. She still has class, which gave me the opportunity to fish in Lake Michigan. Fishing the lake can be tricky due to high winds and large waves, but I found a spot on her campus where a pipe (presumably a storm drain?) provides a current that consistently produces fish.

Rainbow
I think this is a Chinook Salmon Parr

























I had a blast catching recently stocked salmon parr and small rainbows. Although they were small, I was able to sight fish in the crystal clear waters. It’s not every day you get to watch a small trout rise through 8 feet of water to pick off a dry fly bobbing in 3 foot swells.

I saw a small caddis hatch - I never knew they hatched on stillwaters


My Spot


Another Rainbow
Now I'm back in MA, and back to wild trout! Hopefully I will have a wild trout trip to report on within the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment