Friday, October 17, 2014

Intro

Welcome to all who stumble upon this blog!

A few years after getting into fly fishing, I'm completely and utterly addicted. With withdrawal setting in after the end of the trout season, I've decided I need to somehow stay connected with fly fishing. So, inspired by great blogs like Small Stream Reflections and The Trout Underground, I'm setting out to make my own contribution to the online fly fishing world.

A Wisconsin Brook Trout
A little bit about me: I'm currently a college student studying Biology and Chemistry, although I'm not yet entirely sure of my plan post-graduation(I need to get on that...). One thing I am sure of is my passion for fly fishing for wild trout (although I'm perfectly happy to have any fish on my line). I split my time between St. Paul, Minnesota, where I'm attending school, and home in Northeastern Massachusetts. Here in Minnesota I focus my fishing on wild brown and brook trout in the spring creeks of Western Wisconsin's Driftless area, while at home I focus on wild brook trout and occasional browns in small streams in the hills of Central and Western MA, with occasional trips to the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the sea-run brook trout streams of Southeastern MA.

A favorite Massachusetts stream
Unfortunately for me, the trout season in Wisconsin closes September 30th, and doesn't reopen until March, so I'll be high and dry in terms of trout fishing until I head home for my Thanksgiving and winter breaks. I'm already planning a Black Friday trout fishing trip in MA, where the trout season is open year round, and the anticipation of once again hitting the water is killing me. Hopefully this blog will help pass the time!

Sunset from a meadow stream in Wisconsin

I hope this blog can be a combination of fishing reports/pictures, instructional pieces(tips and tricks, fishing techniques, fly selection, etc.), and anything else that may relate to fishing, trout, or both. I'll try to post a belated report from a few of my recent trips this weekend (not that anyone will read this post before then though...).


No comments:

Post a Comment